Virtualisation allows you to run multiple operating systems and applications on a smaller number of physical servers therefore reducing IT costs, boosting efficiencies and simplifying your ICT infrastructure. This solution is not just for larger enterprises and small to medium sized businesses are now realising the benefits of this technology. Once virtualised you will optimise your resources, simplify ongoing IT management, enhance flexibility and improve service availability.
Benefits of virtualisation
- Server consolidation and infrastructure optimisation: virtualisation makes it possible to achieve significantly higher resource utilisation by pooling common infrastructure resources and breaking the legacy “one application to one server” model.
- Physical infrastructure cost reduction: with virtualisation, you can reduce the number of servers and related IT hardware in the data-centre. This leads to reductions in real estate, power and cooling requirements, resulting in significantly lower costs.
- Improved operational flexibility & responsiveness: virtualisation offers a new way of managing IT infrastructure and can help IT administrators spend less time on repetitive tasks such as provisioning, configuration, monitoring and maintenance.
- Increased application availability & improved business continuity: eliminate planned downtime and recover quickly from unplanned outages with the ability to securely back up and migrate entire virtual environments with no interruption in service. Virtual machines are completely isolated from the host machine and other virtual machines. If a virtual machine crashes, all others are unaffected.
- Improved desktop manageability & security: deploy, manage and monitor secure desktop environments that end users can access locally or remotely, with or without a network connection, on almost any standard desktop, laptop or tablet PC.
Datapac has been deploying virtualisation solutions since its inception. We partner with leading technology vendors including VMware, Microsoft and Citrix to provide the best virtualisation solution to suit your business. Solutions can include server, desktop and applications virtualisation.
"With Datapac’s managed services we have an IT team that has expertise across a very wide range of technologies. Smartsourcing IT resources makes sense for an organisation such as ours, which relies heavily on cutting edge IT to protect and streamline our operations, without the need for a huge cost outlay".
"At Barretstown, we rebuild the lives of children, and their families, affected by childhood cancer and other serious illnesses. We serve 5,000 campers a year and have 1200 volunteers each year. Communication is crucially important and Datapac has helped us to streamline, improve and ensure efficiency."
"For many years Datapac has been our sole supplier for the maintenance of Personal Computers and Peripherals in Ireland. Through their Service Centres in Wexford and Dublin, Datapac provides excellent support to our businesses throughout the country and consistently meets the SLA targets which we have set. The skill, expertise and experience of their engineers and other technical support personnel are of the highest standard."
“The value of dealing with an HP Gold partner in this process can’t be underestimated. Datapac provide us with a local touch and can cover the full range of our IT requirements, but when there is a specific technical requirement like this, they can bring the specialist technical resources of HP to the table. HP and Datapac had a thorough discussion with us around our requirement - and had really done their homework - and then were able to provide us with a very highly specified test platform for us to prove the application on before we committed to purchase.”
Datapac understands our needs and requirements and has the expertise and experience to follow through on all our requests. Our constant need to reduce costs has been assisted by Datapac's ability to suggest alternative solutions and methods whilst improving both efficiency and productivity. Our partnership with Datapac is akin to having an IT department on site that we simply could not provide ourselves.