Escalation Support Engineer
Datapac offers ICT Support and Managed Services that contribute to shaping our customers vision. This ensures our organisation continues to lead the market by enabling our customers to lead the way in their respective fields.
We have been providing ICT Support to our customers for over 30 years and currently have a requirement for an experienced escalation support engineer.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our customers install applications and programs.
Key responsibilities of this role include resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support.
You will use email and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
We are looking for an experienced and professional engineer for this role and would be interested in hearing from you if you have:
- A solid understanding of operating systems and server technologies (essential)
- A solid understanding of virtualization and networking technologies (advantage)
- Knowledge of voice technologies
- A proven track record in the provision of ICT Support (essential) – minimum of 5 years experience
- Experience in delivery of support in an ICT reseller environment (advantage)
- A proven track record in the delivery of exceptional customer service
- Evidence of self directed learning and the ability to demonstrate a genuine interest in professional development
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Exceptional documentation and professional report writing ability
- Business written and spoken English language skill
Specific technical skills or other qualifications required:
The following technical qualifications would be of interest to us and while some are essential others will give you an additional advantage in your application:
- Microsoft (Server 2003, 2008 and 2012) – essential
- Cisco (CCNA/CCNP)
- Microsoft (Exchange 2007/2010/2013, Hyper V)
- VMware (VCP5)
- Citrix (CCA/CCP)
- EMC (VNXe/VNX) Storage
- HP/IBM Storage
- VMware (VCP5)
- Microsoft (Office 365, Azure)
This position would be ideal for you if you like the idea of:
- Working with the latest technologies from best of breed ICT manufacturers
- Delivering an exceptional ICT Support Service to a range of ends users
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced team members
- Working with a dynamic team of specialists across a wide range of ICT solutions
This role could be based in our Support Centre in Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford or in Dublin.
How to apply:
Apply in the strictest confidence, by attaching and submitting your CV and details using the form below: