IT Support Engineer – Dublin
One of Ireland’s largest and most successful ICT solutions and services providers has an exciting opportunity for an ICT Support Engineer with minimum 1 year’s experience in a similar role. This role will be based in our at a Datapac client company location in Dublin City Centre.
• Monitoring service desk and tickets as they come in from users (by service desk, by phone, by email, from monitoring station)
• Diagnosis and resolution of customer issues where possible
• Escalation paths in place to Level 2 resources where required
• Assign tickets to desk-side staff
• Monitor NOC Dashboard
• Respond to alerts
• Create and technical documentation
• Patching of windows servers and products
• Racking and building servers to client requirements including cabling etc
• Work with VMware on creating and managing servers
• Monitoring of VMware – VCS/Database/Backups
• Setting up backups on servers
• Daily review of backups including the changing of tapes
• Highlight backup issues and re-run when required.
• Support of client Hosting and Shared Services
• Active Directory Management
• Create/modify and manage access control for active directory users
• Support Group policy
• Creating, modifying and testing PowerShell scripts
Qualifications / Experience
- 1-2 years’s experience in a similar role
- MCP Windows 2008 R2 / Windows 2012 desirable
- Knowledge of supporting RDS servers
- Knowledge of Windows File servers
- Knowledge of Active directory user management
- Performing backups to tape Knowledge of VMware
- Knowledge of PowerShell – Creation of PowerShell scripts
We are interested in hearing from you if you have:
- Knowledge of service desk best practice
- A clear and professional telephone manner
- Demonstrated structured trouble shooting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
This position would be ideal for you if you like the idea of:
- Working with the latest technologies from best of breed ICT manufacturers
- Working in a professional environment as part of an experienced and highly skilled team
- Delivering an exceptional ICT Support Service to our clients
- Working with a dynamic team of specialists across a wide range of ICT solutions
The role will be based in Dublin City on-site with a Datapac client company.
How to apply:
Apply in the strictest confidence, by attaching and submitting your CV and details using the form below.
"With Datapac’s managed services we have an IT team that has expertise across a very wide range of technologies. Smartsourcing IT resources makes sense for an organisation such as ours, which relies heavily on cutting edge IT to protect and streamline our operations, without the need for a huge cost outlay".
"At Barretstown, we rebuild the lives of children, and their families, affected by childhood cancer and other serious illnesses. We serve 5,000 campers a year and have 1200 volunteers each year. Communication is crucially important and Datapac has helped us to streamline, improve and ensure efficiency."
"For many years Datapac has been our sole supplier for the maintenance of Personal Computers and Peripherals in Ireland. Through their Service Centres in Wexford and Dublin, Datapac provides excellent support to our businesses throughout the country and consistently meets the SLA targets which we have set. The skill, expertise and experience of their engineers and other technical support personnel are of the highest standard."
“The value of dealing with an HP Gold partner in this process can’t be underestimated. Datapac provide us with a local touch and can cover the full range of our IT requirements, but when there is a specific technical requirement like this, they can bring the specialist technical resources of HP to the table. HP and Datapac had a thorough discussion with us around our requirement - and had really done their homework - and then were able to provide us with a very highly specified test platform for us to prove the application on before we committed to purchase.”
Datapac understands our needs and requirements and has the expertise and experience to follow through on all our requests. Our constant need to reduce costs has been assisted by Datapac's ability to suggest alternative solutions and methods whilst improving both efficiency and productivity. Our partnership with Datapac is akin to having an IT department on site that we simply could not provide ourselves.