Firstly, you should evaluate if cloud services are right for your business from a strategic and operational perspective. Then, you will need to evaluate your current set-up to understand the benefits of moving to the cloud, especially in areas such as:
- Strategic drivers – does your demand for IT vary throughout the year? Is the cost of IT impacting your ability to grow your business?
- Service drivers – how important are efficiencies, security, reliability and flexibility to your business? And how well would you rate management reporting in all of these areas?
- Governance – how would you rate the maturity of your operating model procedures? Do you have agreed security policies and guidelines for data and applications?
- Technology landscape – how many business users are there? What is the geographic distribution of your user base?
- Cost – do you have transparency of costs for applications and infrastructure? Do you provide cost allocation to your business users?
- Ease of migration – when did you last invest in significant capital expenditure? What is your ratio of IT staff to business users? Do you have any contractual and vendor commitments that constrain migration?
In order to make a successful transition to the cloud, you will need to answer all of these questions by reviewing your end-to-end operating model very carefully. You will also need to clearly define the new roles and responsibilities that will be needed to operate a more agile, consumption-based model.
Datapac will help you address all of these questions above and will help you “move to the cloud”. For further information on our Cloud Services please click here, alternatively call us on 1850 328 272 or complete the form below.
"With Datapac’s managed services we have an IT team that has expertise across a very wide range of technologies. Smartsourcing IT resources makes sense for an organisation such as ours, which relies heavily on cutting edge IT to protect and streamline our operations, without the need for a huge cost outlay".
"At Barretstown, we rebuild the lives of children, and their families, affected by childhood cancer and other serious illnesses. We serve 5,000 campers a year and have 1200 volunteers each year. Communication is crucially important and Datapac has helped us to streamline, improve and ensure efficiency."
"For many years Datapac has been our sole supplier for the maintenance of Personal Computers and Peripherals in Ireland. Through their Service Centres in Wexford and Dublin, Datapac provides excellent support to our businesses throughout the country and consistently meets the SLA targets which we have set. The skill, expertise and experience of their engineers and other technical support personnel are of the highest standard."
“The value of dealing with an HP Gold partner in this process can’t be underestimated. Datapac provide us with a local touch and can cover the full range of our IT requirements, but when there is a specific technical requirement like this, they can bring the specialist technical resources of HP to the table. HP and Datapac had a thorough discussion with us around our requirement - and had really done their homework - and then were able to provide us with a very highly specified test platform for us to prove the application on before we committed to purchase.”
Datapac understands our needs and requirements and has the expertise and experience to follow through on all our requests. Our constant need to reduce costs has been assisted by Datapac's ability to suggest alternative solutions and methods whilst improving both efficiency and productivity. Our partnership with Datapac is akin to having an IT department on site that we simply could not provide ourselves.