Veeam Backup and Replication provides fast, flexible, and reliable recovery of virtualised applications and data. It unifies backup and replication in a single solution, increases the value of backup and reinvents data protection for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V virtual environments.
- Flexibility – it can be installed in several different ways to take advantage of your infrastructure to provide the fastest possible backup. It can be installed in Network Mode for any infrastructure as well as Hot Add Mode or Direct SAN access mode which will give direct access to production storage, which will keep traffic away from the production network and maximise backup speed. On top of this there is source side deduplication and compression, change block tracking and parallel processing to ensure you get the fastest possible backup.
- Application Aware – Veeam uses application aware image processing to backup Virtual Machines (VM) running VSS aware applications such as Microsoft Exchange, SQL and Sharepoint to ensure that applications are backed up in a consistent state. Veeam will ensure that transaction logs are correctly cleared for these applications on backup and will allow for full granular restore of items within the applications such as a single email in an Exchange database.
- Archiving – Veeam provides multiple options for archiving backups. Copy jobs can be created to copy backups to storage in your own private cloud, there is native tape drive support to archive off to tape and there is support to archive backups to public cloud services such as Microsoft Azure. Also, with built in WAN Acceleration it can get data off site up to 50x times faster.
- Backup from storage snapshots – storage snapshots can be taken frequently, but recovering individual items from volume level snapshots is often complex and time consuming. Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots delivers short recovery time objectives for VM, file and application item recovery directly from Storage Snapshots.
- Instant VM Recovery – if you need to recover a VM as fast as possible, power it up directly from the backup file and use VSphere Vmotion or Hyper-V Live Migration to move it back to production storage with no downtime.
- Granular Recovery – Veeam Explorer allows for item level recovery for Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Sharepoint, Active Directory and Storage Snapshots. Veeam’s U-Air technology allows for item level recovery from any virtualised application with no additional agents.
- Surebackup – Veeam can automatically power up your backups in an isolated lab environment, run a set of tests and send a status report to you so you know your backups are good.
- Reduce backup time by 95% – dramatically faster backup. Veeam Backup and Replication delivers reliable, image-based backup for VMware and Hyper-V that’s up to 20x faster—all without agents.
- Minimise recovery time by 95% – fast, flexible recovery — restore in minutes, not hours or days. Veeam Backup and Replication empowers you to restore VMs, guest files and application items easily—when every second counts.
- Storing backups – backup and recover what you need, where and when you need it. Veeam Backup and Replication can help you get more out of your existing storage investments—whether on site, off site, on tape, or in the cloud.
- Enterprise ready- scale with confidence. Veeam Backup and Replication delivers enterprise-level functionality without the enterprise-level price tag.
- Lower costs and improve ROI -what used to be complex and costly is now easy-to-use and affordable. Veeam Backup and Replication lowers storage costs and maximizes your investment in VMware and Hyper-V.
For further information on any of our Backup Solutions please contact us on 1850 328 272.